There are plenty of books about the craft of screenwriting, and a handful about pitching your screenplay. However, little can be found on how to go from writing to pitching in the professional space. There is no formula, no three-step plan. Getting It Write: An Insider’s Guide to a Screenwriting Career unlocks pragmatic guidance for constructing a screenwriting career. Never pulling any punches, the book aims to decode Hollywood, prepare the writer for the road ahead, provide answers for common questions and prevalent challenges, and offer tangible avenues for screenwriting success.
More about this book…
- Getting it Write is the first comprehensive, practical guide for building a screenwriting career, from industry expectations to branding and representation
- In today’s environment, where it is near impossible for an emerging, unknown writer to sell a spec script, it’s all about building a career.
- This book explores pros and cons of representation, contests, listing services, query letters, pitching events and more
- Innumerable recommendations for useful services and resources
“Lee Zahavi Jessup is a screenwriter’s “career midwife.” She is your caring ally in her book, helping you overcome uncertainty and push toward fulfilling your creative dreams.”
– Academy Award–nominated Filmmaker Pen Densham, Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, Backdraft, Moll Flanders, and Phantom with Ed Harris and David Duchovny
“Lee’s lifetime of industry experience puts the gold seal of authenticity on every word of advice. If you’re serious about writing movies for a living… this book is a must-read.”
– Dwayne Alexander Smith, Author, Ten Simple F*cking Rules to Writing a Great F*cking Screenplay and the novel Forty Acres
“If your goal is to make it as a screenwriter, Getting It Write should be on your bookshelf! Whether you’re just starting out or facing a writing career block, screenwriters are sure to find the advice and strategies to propel them ahead!
– Kathie Fong Yoneda, Script Consultant, Workshop Leader, Author of The Script-Selling Game